For those of us who have to get up every day and do it all over again, the best way to keep our spirits high is by filling our minds with knowledge. Reading books is one of the most effective ways to reduce stress and keep your brain sharp. And that's why it's important to always have a book on hand whenever you're on the go or waiting for something. So here are some of my favorite Irish Poetry Books that I've read (and re-read) over the years:
|1||The Great Book of Ireland: Interesting Stories||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Other Side of Jobim||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Irish Jam||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|5||The BEST Slam/Stand-up/Performance/Spoken Word Poetry Book in the World||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|6||An Irish Country Yuletide: An Irish Country Novella (Irish Country Books Book 16)||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Carnegie's Maid: A Novel||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|8||The Best Poems of the English Language: From Chaucer Through Robert Frost||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|9||The Things We Cannot Say: A Novel||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Beowulf: A New Verse Translation (Bilingual Edition)||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Irish Poetry Books
I'm a voracious reader. I love books, and I love learning new things through books. It's my favorite media format.
I read two to three books a week, on average. I try to read at least 50 pages a day. I love how books give us insight into life. There's so much you can learn from books that can apply to your life in so many different ways.
In fact, I've been reading a lot of books lately. Below are some titles that have been particularly enlightening for me this year:
1. The Great Book of Ireland: Interesting Stories
2. Other Side of Jobim
3. Some Things I Still Can’t Tell You: Poems
4. Irish Jam
- The town of Ballywood, Ireland has a cash flow problem.
5. The BEST Slam/Stand-up/Performance/Spoken Word Poetry Book in the World
6. An Irish Country Yuletide: An Irish Country Novella (Irish Country Books Book 16)
7. Carnegie’s Maid: A Novel
8. The Best Poems of the English Language: From Chaucer Through Robert Frost
- Harper Perennial
9. The Things We Cannot Say: A Novel
10. Beowulf: A New Verse Translation (Bilingual Edition)
- W W Norton Company
A Quick Guide To Creating A Reading Habit That Will Benefit You For Life.
Reading is a critical skill for the modern world. The ability to read provides the foundation for further education and employment opportunities. As a result, building a reading habit can have far-reaching benefits throughout your life.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of reading and provide some tips for building a reading habit.
What is Reading?
Reading is the process of understanding written language. It involves translating words into meaning in your head. It is a very complex process that requires the use of many different skills and strategies.
Reading is Not...
- Reading is not just looking at words on a page. You cannot read by simply "sounding out" the letters in each word.
- Reading is not just reading words that you already know. You cannot read a word by simply knowing what it means.
- Reading is not just looking at pictures and guessing what the words say. You cannot read a picture book without actually reading the words.
- Reading is not just reading words that are easy for you to read. You cannot read words that are too hard for you to read.
Some tips for building a reading habit.
Set a time to read: Make it a habit to read at the same time every day. You could read for 15 minutes before bed, or you could read for an hour after dinner. The important thing is that you do it at the same time every day.
Read what you like: It's hard to stick with something if you don't enjoy it. So pick a book that interests you, and try to read at least a little bit every day.
Set a goal: Maybe you want to read for 30 minutes every day. Or maybe you want to read for an hour each weekend. Whatever your goal, make it something that's realistic and that you can stick with.
Reward yourself: After you've read for a while, it's important to reward yourself. You could go out and buy a new book, or you could have a special snack. The important thing is that you do something fun after you've read.
Reading is a great hobby that can be enjoyed by all ages. If you are interested in reading more, but just not sure where to start, we’ve provided a list of books below that will help get you started on your journey to becoming an avid reader.