Books are often a great place to start when you want to learn about a new topic. Even if you're not taking your career in a certain direction, books can be an enormous help in broadening your understanding of different industries and skills. In this list, we'll look at some of the Best Historical Nonfiction Books. We've included both classic titles and more recent ones.
|1||Unbroken (The Young Adult Adaptation): An Olympian's Journey from Airman to Castaway to Captive||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Island of the Lost: An Extraordinary Story of Survival at the Edge of the World||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|3||The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|4||His Very Best: Jimmy Carter||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|5||The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love||9||Buy On Amazon|
|6||The Greatest Beer Run Ever: A Memoir of Friendship||9||Buy On Amazon|
|7||A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||The Power of Geography: Ten Maps That Reveal the Future of Our World (4) (Politics of Place)||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (Historical Nonfiction Bestseller, True Story Book of Survival)||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Historical Nonfiction Books
I'm a voracious reader. I love books, and I love learning new things through books. It's my favorite media format.
I read two to three books a week, on average. I try to read at least 50 pages a day. I love how books give us insight into life. There's so much you can learn from books that can apply to your life in so many different ways.
In fact, I've been reading a lot of books lately. Below are some titles that have been particularly enlightening for me this year:
1. Unbroken (The Young Adult Adaptation): An Olympian’s Journey from Airman to Castaway to Captive
2. Island of the Lost: An Extraordinary Story of Survival at the Edge of the World
3. The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War
4. His Very Best: Jimmy Carter
5. The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love
6. The Greatest Beer Run Ever: A Memoir of Friendship
7. A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II
8. Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII
9. The Power of Geography: Ten Maps That Reveal the Future of Our World (4) (Politics of Place)
10. Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (Historical Nonfiction Bestseller, True Story Book of Survival)
- Chronicle Books CA
A Simple Guide To Choosing The Right Book For You.
If you like books, then this is the right place to be. We will give you a buying guide on how to pick the perfect book for you based on the genre, author, and other criteria.
There are a lot of books available in the market today. The challenge is to find a book that will provide you with real value, and not just fluff or hype.
Here are some tips on how to choose a good business book:
- Look for reviews: If you’re looking for a book about entrepreneurship, for example, you should check out what entrepreneurs themselves say about it. Reviews from other people in your community would be the most useful since they can tell you whether or not a book is worth your time investment.
- Read before buying: You can also read a book before you buy it. Many online bookstores offer the option to download a sample of the book for free. This way, you can decide whether or not it’s worth your money.
- Listen to audiobooks: If you’re not a big reader, audiobooks are a great alternative. Audiobooks can be a little more expensive than ebooks, but they can also be less expensive if you buy them in bulk.
- Borrow from the library: If you’re on a budget, your local library is a great place to find free books. Most libraries have a decent selection of audiobooks and ebooks that you can borrow for free. If you live near a library that has a good selection of audiobooks, you can take advantage of the service to listen to books while you’re at work or on your commute.
- Use free trials: If you’re not sure if you want to buy a book, use a free trial. Many online bookstores offer free trials for new books. If you like the book, you can purchase it after the trial period ends.
- Buy used books: If you’re on a tight budget, consider buying used books. Most online bookstores have a section for used books that are in good condition. You can also check out your local library or thrift store.