Books can change your life. And the books you read help to shape your personality. There are some books out there that are so popular that they become a part of our culture. These books might not be the most entertaining, but they make up for that with the way they change the way we think and who we are.
|1||Harriet [DVD]||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Harriet, The Moses of Her People: A Biography of Harriet Tubman||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Harriet Tubman Book: The Biography of Harriet Tubman||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Harriet Tubman Wall Art Print - Change the World Quote - Vintage Dictionary Style - 8x10 - Unframed||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom (Caldecott Honor Book)||9||Buy On Amazon|
|6||A Picture Book of Harriet Tubman (Picture Book Biography)||9||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Girl's Harriet Tubman Costume - M||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Harriet||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Rosa Parks BARBIE Inspiring Women Doll||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|10||The Story of Harriet Tubman: A Biography Book for New Readers (The Story Of: A Biography Series for New Readers)||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Harriet Tubman Book
I'm a voracious reader. I love books, and I love learning new things through books. It's my favorite media format.
I read two to three books a week, on average. I try to read at least 50 pages a day. I love how books give us insight into life. There's so much you can learn from books that can apply to your life in so many different ways.
In fact, I've been reading a lot of books lately. Below are some titles that have been particularly enlightening for me this year:
1. Harriet [DVD]
2. Harriet, The Moses of Her People: A Biography of Harriet Tubman
3. Harriet Tubman Book: The Biography of Harriet Tubman
4. Harriet Tubman Wall Art Print – Change the World Quote – Vintage Dictionary Style – 8×10 – Unframed
5. Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom (Caldecott Honor Book)
- non-fiction african american book set
- non-fiction black book set
- non-fiction african american children’s book set
- non-fiction black children’s book set
6. A Picture Book of Harriet Tubman (Picture Book Biography)
7. Girl’s Harriet Tubman Costume – M
- Black dress
- Includes components to customize look: Lace Collar, Lace Cuffs, Ruffled Collar, Hair Wrap, Cameo
- Dress has attached peplum, button down
9. Rosa Parks BARBIE Inspiring Women Doll
- The Inspiring Women Series pays tribute to incredible heroines of their time, courageous women who paved the way for generations of girls to dream bigger than ever before.
- On December 1, 1955, when Rosa Parks refused an order to give up her seat to a white passenger and move to the back of the bus, her act of defiance became the catalyst for the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Hailed as “the Mother of the Modern Civil Rights Movement,” Rosa Parks earned worldwide recognition and numerous awards including the prestigious Presidential Medal of Freedom and Congressional Gold Medal of Honor.
- This Inspiring Women Series Barbie doll is sculpted to Rosa Parks’ likeness and is fully articulated for endless posing possibilities.
- Rosa Parks Barbie doll wears a floral dress under a smart wool coat.
- Includes doll stand, Certificate of Authenticity and doll wearing fashion and accessories.
10. The Story of Harriet Tubman: A Biography Book for New Readers (The Story Of: A Biography Series for New Readers)
A Quick Guide To Creating A Reading Habit That Will Benefit You For Life.
Reading is a critical skill for the modern world. The ability to read provides the foundation for further education and employment opportunities. As a result, building a reading habit can have far-reaching benefits throughout your life.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of reading and provide some tips for building a reading habit.
What is Reading?
Reading is the process of understanding written language. It involves translating words into meaning in your head. It is a very complex process that requires the use of many different skills and strategies.
Reading is Not...
- Reading is not just looking at words on a page. You cannot read by simply "sounding out" the letters in each word.
- Reading is not just reading words that you already know. You cannot read a word by simply knowing what it means.
- Reading is not just looking at pictures and guessing what the words say. You cannot read a picture book without actually reading the words.
- Reading is not just reading words that are easy for you to read. You cannot read words that are too hard for you to read.
Some tips for building a reading habit.
Set a time to read: Make it a habit to read at the same time every day. You could read for 15 minutes before bed, or you could read for an hour after dinner. The important thing is that you do it at the same time every day.
Read what you like: It's hard to stick with something if you don't enjoy it. So pick a book that interests you, and try to read at least a little bit every day.
Set a goal: Maybe you want to read for 30 minutes every day. Or maybe you want to read for an hour each weekend. Whatever your goal, make it something that's realistic and that you can stick with.
Reward yourself: After you've read for a while, it's important to reward yourself. You could go out and buy a new book, or you could have a special snack. The important thing is that you do something fun after you've read.
Reading is a great hobby that can be enjoyed by all ages. If you are interested in reading more, but just not sure where to start, we’ve provided a list of books below that will help get you started on your journey to becoming an avid reader.