For those of us who have to get up every day and do it all over again, the best way to keep our spirits high is by filling our minds with knowledge. Reading books is one of the most effective ways to reduce stress and keep your brain sharp. And that's why it's important to always have a book on hand whenever you're on the go or waiting for something. So here are some of my favorite Disaster Books Non Fiction that I've read (and re-read) over the years:
|1||Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (Historical Nonfiction Bestseller, True Story Book of Survival)||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Natural Disasters Set: Grades 1-2 (Classroom Library Collections)||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||A Little Closer to Home: How I Found the Calm After the Storm||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Into the Abyss: An Extraordinary True Story||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Modern Marvels: Engineering Disasters (History Channel)||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|6||What Really Happened In Wuhan: A Virus Like No Other||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|7||The Greatest Survival Stories of All Time: True Tales of People Cheating Death When Trapped in a Cave||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Life Tent Emergency Survival Shelter – 2 Person Emergency Tent – Use As Survival Tent||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
|10||The Days of Noah: Ark of Fire - Part 4 of 4||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Disaster Books Non Fiction
Reading books will expose you to new knowledge, better writing skills and will open up your mind to new ideas. You’ll also have a higher level of empathy due to the fact that you have experienced someone else’s life through reading their books.
On the other hand, not reading could lead to less empathy and a lack of imagination. Reading is also crucial for any aspiring entrepreneur looking to build up his/her business knowledge.
1. Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident (Historical Nonfiction Bestseller, True Story Book of Survival)
- Chronicle Books CA
2. Natural Disasters Set: Grades 1-2 (Classroom Library Collections)
- Discover the power of Mother Nature through rich content, including photographs and supporting graphics.
- Some books also feature a lab activity
- 24-32 pages per book
- Titles in this set include Earthquakes!; Tornadoes and Hurricanes!; Fires; Volcanoes;
- Package Quantity: 1
3. A Little Closer to Home: How I Found the Calm After the Storm
4. Into the Abyss: An Extraordinary True Story
5. Modern Marvels: Engineering Disasters (History Channel)
- Error is inevitable in all human endeavors, but when the undertakings are engineering feats of enormous proportions, the smallest mistakes may have devastating consequences.
6. What Really Happened In Wuhan: A Virus Like No Other
7. The Greatest Survival Stories of All Time: True Tales of People Cheating Death When Trapped in a Cave
8. Life Tent Emergency Survival Shelter – 2 Person Emergency Tent – Use As Survival Tent
- Keeps You Dry, Warm and Alive in Extreme Conditions:: The Life Tent is a waterproof and windproof 2-person tube tent constructed from extra-thick tear & puncture resistant polyethylene material that locks out rain, wind, and snow.
- Para-synch Technology Paracord Drawstring & Survival Whistle: Engineered for emergencies and survival, use the 120-decibel survival whistle to cut through wind and trees to alert rescuers up to 1-mile away.
- Fast & Easy to Set Up: Just run the 20ft rope of 550lb nylon core paracord through both ends of the tube tent and tie between two trees or sturdy objects 3-4 ft off the ground.
- Ultra Lightweight Compact Survival Shelter: Weighing just 8.
- Go Time Gear Advantage: Better design.
9. Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World’s Greatest Nuclear Disaster
10. The Days of Noah: Ark of Fire – Part 4 of 4
10 Common Mistakes Most People Make When Reading A Book.
What are the common mistakes that people make when they read a book? How can you overcome these mistakes and improve your reading skills as an effective book reader? Here are the common mistakes that most people make when reading a book.
Reading the book in a hurry: The most common mistake that people make when reading a book is to read it in a hurry. This mistake is made by those who have little time to read the book and they just want to finish it as soon as possible. The problem with this is that the reader will not be able to grasp the meaning of what he is reading.
Not being motivated to read the book: This is another mistake that people make when reading a book. They are not motivated to read the book and this makes them lose interest in it. This can be due to many reasons such as being busy with other things or having no interest in the subject. If you are not motivated to read the book, then you will never finish it. You need to find a way of motivating yourself to read the book.
Relying on memory to remember: Another mistake that people make when reading a book is relying on memory to remember what they have read. This is not a good idea because you will forget most of the things that you have read. You need to take notes while reading the book so that you can remember what you have read.
Not understanding the author’s purpose: Another mistake that people make when reading a book is not understanding the author’s purpose. The author has a reason for writing the book and you need to understand that reason. If you don’t, then you will miss the point of the book.
Skimming through the book instead of reading it thoroughly: People who skim through a book do not read it thoroughly and this leads to them missing out on important information in the book. They tend to read the beginning and end of the book but not the middle part.
Reading a book that is beyond your level: It is important to choose a book that is within your reading level so that you can understand it well. If you choose a book that is beyond your reading level, you will not be able to understand it well and this will lead to frustration.
Reading only for information: The most common mistake that people make is to read-only for information. They open a book looking for answers to their problems or answers to why something happened. This kind of selective reading will not get you anywhere, especially if you need to study for an exam or complete coursework in college. You need to read the book as a whole, not just look for answers.
Reading only to finish: Another common mistake that people make is reading only to finish. This means that they do not enjoy the book and they just want to get it over with. This will not help you retain the information and it will make reading a chore.