I've read a lot of books in my life, and while I'm by no means an expert on the subject, I feel pretty confident in saying that there is no such thing as a single "best" book for everyone. The value of reading depends on what you're looking to get out of it. Every book has something different to offer, and different people are looking for different things when they crack open their latest read. So I have made this list of the Best Community Organizing Books
|1||Seabreeze Book Club (Summer Beach 6)||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Rautavaara: Manhattan Trilogy / Symphony 3||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Oxford Spiral Notebook 6 Pack||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Designing Creative Communities: Your Community is Your Canvas: Learn How to Make Your Mark||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Anatomy and Physiology by OpenStax (Official Print Version||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|6||Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|7||What We Want, What We Believe: The Black Panther Party Library||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Magna-Tiles 32-Piece Clear Colors Set||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Really Good Stuff Stackable Plastic Book and Organizer Bins for Classroom or Home Use – Sturdy Plastic Baskets in Fun Neon Colors (Set of 4)||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Boycott||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Community Organizing Books
Reading books is a great way to improve your skills. Books can help you become a better writer, speaker, thinker, and leader. You can learn from the world’s greatest experts, from the comfort of your own home. Books are also a great way to get exposed to new ideas and concepts.
1. Seabreeze Book Club (Summer Beach 6)
2. Rautavaara: Manhattan Trilogy / Symphony 3
3. Oxford Spiral Notebook 6 Pack
- A CLASSROOM CLASSIC: this 6-pack of 1-subject notebooks helps you identify your subjects at a glance with color-coding efficiency; color assortment may vary.
- THE RIGHT RULING: these 8″ x 10-1/2″, college-ruled notebooks fit more writing per page than wide-ruled sheets; each notebook provides 70 double-sided sheets with red margin lines.
- PERFECT PERFORATION: Dependable micro perforated sheets retain your must-have notes but still detach cleanly when you’re ready to revise.
- GLIDE FROM PAGE TO PAGE: Your favorite gel or ballpoint pens will move effortlessly across these smooth pages for A+ notes with minimal ink bleeding or show-through.
- 3-HOLE PUNCHED: Every notebook comes 3-hole punched to fit a standard binder; take along one notebook or several to save extra trips to the locker.
4. Designing Creative Communities: Your Community is Your Canvas: Learn How to Make Your Mark
5. Anatomy and Physiology by OpenStax (Official Print Version
6. Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre
7. What We Want
- Factory sealed DVD
8. Magna-Tiles 32-Piece Clear Colors Set
- 3D MAGNETIC TILES: The original 3D magnetic building sets that engage young minds by fusing together math, science, and creativity.
- DIVERSE SET: 32 translucent, colorful shapes including squares (2 large, 14 small) and triangles (8 equilateral, 4 right, 4 isosceles).
- CREATIVITY: Sparks hours of imaginative free play in children.
- STEM APPROVED: Helps your child develop important math, science, spatial and tactile skills
- DURABLE: Tile set is safe, durable and built to last for years of quality use
- RECOMMENDED AGES: Magna-Tiles are recommended for children ages 3 and older; Each shape has a base measurement of 3 inches / 7.
9. Really Good Stuff Stackable Plastic Book and Organizer Bins for Classroom or Home Use – Sturdy Plastic Baskets in Fun Neon Colors (Set of 4)
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Each set of Really Good Stuff stackable plastic bins includes four durable plastic baskets.
- PERFECT FOR BOOKS: Organize books in your classroom, library or playroom.
- BUILT TO LAST: Each stackable plastic book and organizer bin measures 14” x 10” x 5 3/4” overall and 10” x 8” x 5” on the inside.
- AVAILABLE IN FUN COLORS: The 4-bin neon set includes (1) book storage bin in each color: neon blue, neon green, neon orange and neon pink.
- GREAT FOR SCHOOL OR HOME USE: Using positive affirmations at school and at home can be beneficial to children’s self-esteem.
A Quick Guide To Creating A Reading Habit That Will Benefit You For Life.
Reading is a critical skill for the modern world. The ability to read provides the foundation for further education and employment opportunities. As a result, building a reading habit can have far-reaching benefits throughout your life.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of reading and provide some tips for building a reading habit.
What is Reading?
Reading is the process of understanding written language. It involves translating words into meaning in your head. It is a very complex process that requires the use of many different skills and strategies.
Reading is Not...
- Reading is not just looking at words on a page. You cannot read by simply "sounding out" the letters in each word.
- Reading is not just reading words that you already know. You cannot read a word by simply knowing what it means.
- Reading is not just looking at pictures and guessing what the words say. You cannot read a picture book without actually reading the words.
- Reading is not just reading words that are easy for you to read. You cannot read words that are too hard for you to read.
Some tips for building a reading habit.
Set a time to read: Make it a habit to read at the same time every day. You could read for 15 minutes before bed, or you could read for an hour after dinner. The important thing is that you do it at the same time every day.
Read what you like: It's hard to stick with something if you don't enjoy it. So pick a book that interests you, and try to read at least a little bit every day.
Set a goal: Maybe you want to read for 30 minutes every day. Or maybe you want to read for an hour each weekend. Whatever your goal, make it something that's realistic and that you can stick with.
Reward yourself: After you've read for a while, it's important to reward yourself. You could go out and buy a new book, or you could have a special snack. The important thing is that you do something fun after you've read.
Reading is a great hobby that can be enjoyed by all ages. If you are interested in reading more, but just not sure where to start, we’ve provided a list of books below that will help get you started on your journey to becoming an avid reader.