For those of us who have to get up every day and do it all over again, the best way to keep our spirits high is by filling our minds with knowledge. Reading books is one of the most effective ways to reduce stress and keep your brain sharp. And that's why it's important to always have a book on hand whenever you're on the go or waiting for something. So here are some of my favorite Books For Optimism that I've read (and re-read) over the years:
|1||ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run Brain Game and STEM Toy for Boys and Girls Age 8 and Up – Toy of the Year Award Winner||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Think Like a Warrior: The Five Inner Beliefs That Make You Unstoppable (Sports for the Soul)||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Relentless Optimism: How a Commitment to Positive Thinking Changes Everything (Sports for the Soul)||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|4||No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Under the Tuscan Sun||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|6||A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Be Positive!: A book about optimism (Being the Best Me® Series)||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Row the Boat: A Never-Give-Up Approach to Lead with Enthusiasm and Optimism and Improve Your Team and Culture (Jon Gordon)||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Nobody's Fool||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Copland Greatest Hits||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Books For Optimism
Reading books will expose you to new knowledge, better writing skills and will open up your mind to new ideas. You’ll also have a higher level of empathy due to the fact that you have experienced someone else’s life through reading their books.
On the other hand, not reading could lead to less empathy and a lack of imagination. Reading is also crucial for any aspiring entrepreneur looking to build up his/her business knowledge.
1. ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run Brain Game and STEM Toy for Boys and Girls Age 8 and Up – Toy of the Year Award Winner
- Trusted by Families Worldwide – With over 50 million sold, ThinkFun is the world’s leading manufacturer of brain games and mind challenging puzzles.
- Develops critical skills – Playing your way through the challenges builds spatial reasoning and planning skills, and is partly an engineering and building toy that provides a great stealth learning experience for young players.
- What you get – Gravity Maze is a combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy that’s one of the best gifts you can buy for boys and girls age 8 and up It contains 60 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles.
- Clear instructions – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual You can start playing and solving right away.
- Comes with multi-level challenges – Gravity Maze comes with 60 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them.
2. Think Like a Warrior: The Five Inner Beliefs That Make You Unstoppable (Sports for the Soul)
3. Relentless Optimism: How a Commitment to Positive Thinking Changes Everything (Sports for the Soul)
4. No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality
5. Under the Tuscan Sun
6. A Year of Positive Thinking: Daily Inspiration
7. Be Positive!: A book about optimism (Being the Best Me® Series)
- Used Book in Good Condition
8. Row the Boat: A Never-Give-Up Approach to Lead with Enthusiasm and Optimism and Improve Your Team and Culture (Jon Gordon)
9. Nobody’s Fool
- Nobody’s Fool
10. Copland Greatest Hits
A Quick Guide To Creating A Reading Habit That Will Benefit You For Life.
Reading is a critical skill for the modern world. The ability to read provides the foundation for further education and employment opportunities. As a result, building a reading habit can have far-reaching benefits throughout your life.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of reading and provide some tips for building a reading habit.
What is Reading?
Reading is the process of understanding written language. It involves translating words into meaning in your head. It is a very complex process that requires the use of many different skills and strategies.
Reading is Not...
- Reading is not just looking at words on a page. You cannot read by simply "sounding out" the letters in each word.
- Reading is not just reading words that you already know. You cannot read a word by simply knowing what it means.
- Reading is not just looking at pictures and guessing what the words say. You cannot read a picture book without actually reading the words.
- Reading is not just reading words that are easy for you to read. You cannot read words that are too hard for you to read.
Some tips for building a reading habit.
Set a time to read: Make it a habit to read at the same time every day. You could read for 15 minutes before bed, or you could read for an hour after dinner. The important thing is that you do it at the same time every day.
Read what you like: It's hard to stick with something if you don't enjoy it. So pick a book that interests you, and try to read at least a little bit every day.
Set a goal: Maybe you want to read for 30 minutes every day. Or maybe you want to read for an hour each weekend. Whatever your goal, make it something that's realistic and that you can stick with.
Reward yourself: After you've read for a while, it's important to reward yourself. You could go out and buy a new book, or you could have a special snack. The important thing is that you do something fun after you've read.
Reading is a great hobby that can be enjoyed by all ages. If you are interested in reading more, but just not sure where to start, we’ve provided a list of books below that will help get you started on your journey to becoming an avid reader.