I've read a lot of books in my life, and while I'm by no means an expert on the subject, I feel pretty confident in saying that there is no such thing as a single "best" book for everyone. The value of reading depends on what you're looking to get out of it. Every book has something different to offer, and different people are looking for different things when they crack open their latest read. So I have made this list of the Best Black History Month Books
|1||Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History (Vashti Harrison)||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Black Heroes: A Black History Book for Kids: 51 Inspiring People from Ancient Africa to Modern-Day U.S.A. (People and Events in History)||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||Fun Express Black History Month Notepads - 12 Pieces - Educational and Learning Activities for Kids||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|4||1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African American History||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Closed for Storm||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|6||FX/OT Black History Month Activity Books - 24 Pieces - Educational and Learning Activities for Kids||9||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Fun Express Black History Month Bkmark Asst - 24 Pieces - Educational and Learning Activities for Kids||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Black Girl Magic Shirt History Month African Heritage Tee||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Black Inventors Bookmark Set (BNVKSET)||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Black||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Black History Month Books
Reading books is a great way to increase your knowledge, but when you are reading for the sake of knowledge, it can be hard to stay motivated. The key to staying motivated is choosing books that will make a difference in your life. Books that will provide you with actionable advice and skills.
One of the easiest ways to stay motivated to read is to choose a book that has been recommended by someone whose opinion you respect. This will help get you past the hurdle of wondering if you’ll like it or not.
1. Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History (Vashti Harrison)
2. Black Heroes: A Black History Book for Kids: 51 Inspiring People from Ancient Africa to Modern-Day U.S.A. (People and Events in History)
3. Fun Express Black History Month Notepads – 12 Pieces – Educational and Learning Activities for Kids
- Excellent giveaways for Black History Month
- Work these notebooks into your Black History Month lessons and let young learners record their thoughts and drawings.
- Find even more Black History Month activities and supplies on our website
- 3 3/4″ x 4″ 20 blank pgs
4. 1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African American History
5. Closed for Storm
6. FX/OT Black History Month Activity Books – 24 Pieces – Educational and Learning Activities for Kids
- These Black History Month Activity Books are filled with educational exercises for kids including word scrambles puzzles mazes and more.
- Celebrate Black History Month with these fun-filled interactive activity books designed to teach your class all about inspiring leaders and major milestones in black history that helped shape our nation.
- 2 dozen per unit) 5″ x 7″ 12 pgs
7. Fun Express Black History Month Bkmark Asst – 24 Pieces – Educational and Learning Activities for Kids
- Each bookmark in this Black History Month Bookmark Assortment includes facts on key African American figures.
- Includes President Obama Rosa Parks and so many more
- Find even more Black History Month supplies on our website
- 2 dozen per unit) 2″ x 6″ with 3″ black ribbon tassel
8. Black Girl Magic Shirt History Month African Heritage Tee
- Our Black Girl Magic Tee Shirt Great for Proud Afro ,Mens Celebrating Black History Didn’t Start with Slavery,African Heritage Roots for Educated Black King,Queen,Strong Black Lives Matter Melanin,Poppin.
- Gift for Love Africa Culture Lovers Month,Black Power Husband,Wife,Beaytiful,Gorgeous Girls Mom,Grandma,Brave,Kind,Dad,Grandpa,Boys.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
9. Black Inventors Bookmark Set (BNVKSET)
- Set of 12 Bookmarks. Printed on 100# Go Green Paper
- Published, Printed in the USA. Shipped from the USA.
- Black Inventors Bookmarks
- Bookmarks size 2×8 inches
- Black History Month is Celebrated in February
10. Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Black
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
- 50,000+ skills, including Jeopardy!, Lyft, Audible, and Domino’s.
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
Can you borrow books without a library card?
If you have a library card, you can borrow books from the library without any restrictions. If you do not have a library card, there are certain limitations to borrowing books from the local library. You cannot borrow more than 3 books at one time and it is subject to the availability of your local branch if they do not have them in stock. It is always best to check with your local branch before heading over to pick up a few good reads.
How do I get a library card?
You can get a library card without having to visit the library. If you are not in the area, you can apply for a library card online. You will need to provide your name, address, and email address. After that, you will need to provide your signature and then you will be able to check out books online.
There are a few things that you should know about the library card. You can only have one library card at a time. If you lose your card, you will need to get a new one. You can also have your card blocked if you do not return books on time or if you do not pay your fines.You can get a library card at the front desk of any branch. If you are under 18, you will need to have your parent or guardian sign for you.
Your library card is good for life! You do not need to renew it.