Books are often a great place to start when you want to learn about a new topic. Even if you're not taking your career in a certain direction, books can be an enormous help in broadening your understanding of different industries and skills. In this list, we'll look at some of the Best American Non Fiction Books. We've included both classic titles and more recent ones.
|1||Separate Is Never Equal: Sylvia Mendez and Her Family's Fight for Desegregation (Jane Addams Award Book (Awards))||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|2||American Predator: The Hunt for the Most Meticulous Serial Killer of the 21st Century||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||The Care and Keeping of You: The Body Book for Younger Girls||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Bronzeville Boys and Girls||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|5||African American History 3-Book Set (Social Studies Readers)||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|6||All-American Murder: The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez||9||Buy On Amazon|
|7||The Quiet Americans: Four CIA Spies at the Dawn of the Cold War||9||Buy On Amazon|
|8||100 African-Americans Who Shaped American History (100 Series)||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
|9||A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Vanderbilt: The Rise and Fall of an American Dynasty||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best American Non Fiction Books
What are the Best American Non Fiction Books?
I've found this question extremely difficult to answer. There are many books out there that cover this topic, but it's not always easy to separate the good from the bad. So I thought that I would do a short review of some of my favorite , and why they made it onto my list.
1. Separate Is Never Equal: Sylvia Mendez and Her Family’s Fight for Desegregation (Jane Addams Award Book (Awards))
2. American Predator: The Hunt for the Most Meticulous Serial Killer of the 21st Century
3. The Care and Keeping of You: The Body Book for Younger Girls
- Our best-selling body book for girls just got even better! With all-new illustrations and updated content for girls ages 8 and up, it features tips, how-tos, and facts from the experts.
4. Bronzeville Boys and Girls
5. African American History 3-Book Set (Social Studies Readers)
- This engaging and enlightening collection allows readers to discover African American history in the
- Readers will gain a better understanding of abolitionists, the fight for equality, the Underground
- Titles in this collection inlude: The Fight for Freedom: Ending Slavery in America; Freedom:
- Package Quantity: 1
- Excellent Quality.
6. All-American Murder: The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez
7. The Quiet Americans: Four CIA Spies at the Dawn of the Cold War
8. 100 African-Americans Who Shaped American History (100 Series)
- non-fiction african american book set
- non-fiction black book set
- non-fiction african american children’s book set
- non-fiction black children’s book set
9. A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II
10. Vanderbilt: The Rise and Fall of an American Dynasty
10 Common Mistakes Most People Make When Reading A Book.
What are the common mistakes that people make when they read a book? How can you overcome these mistakes and improve your reading skills as an effective book reader? Here are the common mistakes that most people make when reading a book.
Reading the book in a hurry: The most common mistake that people make when reading a book is to read it in a hurry. This mistake is made by those who have little time to read the book and they just want to finish it as soon as possible. The problem with this is that the reader will not be able to grasp the meaning of what he is reading.
Not being motivated to read the book: This is another mistake that people make when reading a book. They are not motivated to read the book and this makes them lose interest in it. This can be due to many reasons such as being busy with other things or having no interest in the subject. If you are not motivated to read the book, then you will never finish it. You need to find a way of motivating yourself to read the book.
Relying on memory to remember: Another mistake that people make when reading a book is relying on memory to remember what they have read. This is not a good idea because you will forget most of the things that you have read. You need to take notes while reading the book so that you can remember what you have read.
Not understanding the author’s purpose: Another mistake that people make when reading a book is not understanding the author’s purpose. The author has a reason for writing the book and you need to understand that reason. If you don’t, then you will miss the point of the book.
Skimming through the book instead of reading it thoroughly: People who skim through a book do not read it thoroughly and this leads to them missing out on important information in the book. They tend to read the beginning and end of the book but not the middle part.
Reading a book that is beyond your level: It is important to choose a book that is within your reading level so that you can understand it well. If you choose a book that is beyond your reading level, you will not be able to understand it well and this will lead to frustration.
Reading only for information: The most common mistake that people make is to read-only for information. They open a book looking for answers to their problems or answers to why something happened. This kind of selective reading will not get you anywhere, especially if you need to study for an exam or complete coursework in college. You need to read the book as a whole, not just look for answers.
Reading only to finish: Another common mistake that people make is reading only to finish. This means that they do not enjoy the book and they just want to get it over with. This will not help you retain the information and it will make reading a chore.