I've read a lot of books in my life, and while I'm by no means an expert on the subject, I feel pretty confident in saying that there is no such thing as a single "best" book for everyone. The value of reading depends on what you're looking to get out of it. Every book has something different to offer, and different people are looking for different things when they crack open their latest read. So I have made this list of the Best Activist Books
|1||My Body||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||Silenced No More: Surviving My Journey to Hell and Back||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|3||The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking The Witness Fraud That Divided America||9.4||Buy On Amazon|
|4||Act Now! 50 Protest Postcards (Political Postcards, Empowering Activist Stationery Gift)||9||Buy On Amazon|
|5||Otherwise (Globe and Mail Best Books)||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|6||Résistance||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|7||Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Little Feminist Board Book Set||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|9||Extraordinary Women In History: 70 Remarkable Women Who Made a Difference||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Teen Trailblazers: 30 Fearless Girls Who Changed the World Before They Were 20||8.2||Buy On Amazon|
Comparison Chart for Best Activist Books
Reading books is a great way to increase your knowledge, but when you are reading for the sake of knowledge, it can be hard to stay motivated. The key to staying motivated is choosing books that will make a difference in your life. Books that will provide you with actionable advice and skills.
One of the easiest ways to stay motivated to read is to choose a book that has been recommended by someone whose opinion you respect. This will help get you past the hurdle of wondering if you’ll like it or not.
1. My Body
2. Silenced No More: Surviving My Journey to Hell and Back
3. The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking The Witness Fraud That Divided America
4. Act Now! 50 Protest Postcards (Political Postcards, Empowering Activist Stationery Gift)
- POLITICAL POSTCARDS: Use these spirited protest postcards to write your elected representative or inspire a friend.
- PHOTOS FROM PROTESTS: These cards feature photos from the 2017 Women’s March and beyond.
- BENEFITS THE ACLU: All proceeds go to the ACLU, a nonprofit organization that protects civil rights for all Americans.
- GREAT GIFT OR STOCKING STUFFER: These postcards are great to slip inside a stocking or wrap up as a last minute gift.
- DOUBLES AS DECOR: Postcards work wonderfully as miniature art pieces to display on the desk or bulletin board.
5. Otherwise (Globe and Mail Best Books)
7. Maid: Hard Work
8. Little Feminist Board Book Set
- LEARN ABOUT INSPIRING WOMEN: The books include colorful yet simple illustrations of Maya Angelou, Josephine Baker, Ella Fitzgerald, Cleopatra, Indira Gandhi, Hillary Clinton, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Amelia Earhart, Billie Jean King, and more.
- SMALL & CONVENIENT SIZE: Each book features 8 chunky pages, perfect for even small hands to grasp and manipulate.
- COLORFUL ILLUSTRATIONS: Illustrations by Lydia Ortiz and words by Emily Kleinman introduce children to these important people in history with images that are fun for youngsters and also realistic.
- AWARD WINNING BOOKS: The Little Feminist Board Book Set is the winner of the Oppenheim Awards Gold Seal.
- SCREEN FREE FUN: For over 25 years, Mudpuppy has created quality non digital puzzles, games and toys for families that facilitate creative play and imaginative thinking.
9. Extraordinary Women In History: 70 Remarkable Women Who Made a Difference
10. Teen Trailblazers: 30 Fearless Girls Who Changed the World Before They Were 20
How To Finish Reading A Book Fast: The Most Effective Ways.
We all have to read books, but not everyone likes to spend their free time reading. If you are one of those people who would prefer to watch TV or play video games instead, we can help you learn how to finish reading a book fast. The only way to finish a book fast is to read it fast. But, how do you read faster?
Learning how to finish reading a book fast is something that will benefit you in the future, no matter what your interests may be. There are many reasons why finishing a book quickly is important – for example, if you are reading a book for school or work. In addition, finishing a book quickly will allow you to move on to the next one.
Read the book before you start: This is a good way to get an idea of what the book is about and how it will be written. You can also find out if you are interested in the subject matter or not. If you are, then you will be able to read the book faster.
Find a good place to read: If you are reading in bed, then you will be more likely to fall asleep. You should find a comfortable chair or couch where you can sit and read for long periods of time.
Keep a notebook and pen nearby: If you come across something that you want to remember, then write it down. This will help you keep track of the information in the book. You can also make notes about what you have learned.
Keep a dictionary nearby: If you come across a word that you do not know, then look it up in the dictionary. This will help you understand what the author is trying to say.
Read with someone else: If you have a friend or family member who is also interested in reading the book, then ask them to read it with you. This will help you understand the book better and give you someone to discuss what you have learned.
Read at least five pages a day: This will help you finish the book faster. If you read more than five pages, then you can also try to do some exercises and activities that are given in the book.
Read with a pen or pencil: When you read, try to write down some notes or thoughts that you have about the book. This will help you remember what you have learned and also give you something to do while reading.
Ask questions: If there is something in the book that you don’t understand, then ask your teacher or another student.
Read for fun: Try to read the book for fun. If you enjoy reading the book, then it will be easier to finish it.
Reading is a great hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds. If you feel like you aren’t reading enough, or if you have trouble finishing books in general, our advice will help to make the process easier for you. We hope these tips have been helpful! If you want to learn more about reading in general, or if there is anything else we can do for you, please visit our website today.